Thursday, June 19, 2008

PICTURE CUTOUTS




I saw that these cutouts were offered by a photography studio for a pretty steep price. This is when my wheels start turning and I think, hmmm I wonder if I can make one of those. Yes, yes I can and here they are. I think they turned out good and the kids think they are cool.
Here is what you need: 1. A photo with a image that would be good to cut around. I cropped my photo so that the cutout would be about 7" high (5 x 7 photo). 2. Mat board or you could even use foam board. 3. Cutting knife 4. Adhesive 5. a file or emery board.
Directions: Cut out image, glue to the mat board or foam board.
Cut out using a cutting knife. This is the hardest part of the project and the most time consuming. It takes several passes with the knife.
Use a File or emery board to file rough edges.
Make a stand: I cut out two pieces of the board and glued them back to back and then adhere to back of picture. Just play around with the size and shape to get it to stand properly.
Have fun, I would love to see what you create.